Answer by Thomas Zerbarini:
Yes, you can eventually become a pilot at a major airline by going to Embry Riddle.
- Get your degree,
- Get your pilot certificates and ratings
- Build your flight time by instructing, banner towing, Alaska flying, charter, etc…
- Stay out of trouble
- Follow the rules
- Have and follow your own personal Code of Ethics,
- Volunteer your time to good causes from time to time
- Network, network network.
These are some general goals you should develop yourself as you make your way to the cockpit.