Answer by Thomas Zerbarini:
The basic helicopter "Discovery Flight"will cost you around $300 in the United States. Most Discovery Flights include the following:
BASIC DISCOVERY FLIGHT: $299*
This package includes:
- Robinson R22 Helicopter (2 seats)
- Instructor + you only in aircraft.
- 20 to 30 minutes ground instruction.
- 20 to 25 minutes actual "in air" flight time.
- Endorsed personal PILOT'S LOG BOOK.
- CERTIFICATE OF FLIGHT (framable).
- Photo of you with instructor and helicopter.
Here's a great youtube video of a Discovery Flight in the Atlanta metroplex.
Helicopters are a blast and so much fun to fly. Give it a try and see.